Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Post-Graduate L.I.F.E

Everyone asked me why I want to spend my life again in boring lectures and drooling over an assignment for 2 years instead of earning money?? 

Everyone: Well, you could have earned more money instead of wasting your time in grad school.. 

Me: Whatever!! I don't need that money! 

Here are the expected answers that people or academicians would like to hear:

1) I want to learn new skills and develop my knowledge..

2) I want to be a smart person..

3) I want to use my skills and develop a system..

4) I want to get a good job and get a good salary..

5) My parents told me to do so..

Come on!! Everyone is hearing the same reasons again why they want to go to grad school.. If that's not the reason, why do I want to go to grad school?? 

1) Because I am stupid and don't know anything!! Didn't learnt a single thing when I was still doing undergrad!!

2) Spending my time in the monastery (University) reading incomprehensible sacred text (Journal articles).. Because I really miss it!! 

3) I need time to get some inspiration!! 

4) I want to go partying again as a student!! Silly reason but that's what I thought of doing!! 

Note: It turns out that praying in Perth requires people to go through security and 'immigration' checks.. they have to scan your passport or ID before they let you in.. Some clubs even requires you to scan your fingerprint.. Very similar to going through the US immigration clearance.. SO I don't party anymore!!

5) Lastly, I want to be a kid again!!

Again!! everyone will ask me again, why the hell do I want to go to Grad School with such silly reasons!!  Read again and think deeply about it..

After one semester in the postgrad classes.. What useful lessons and skills have I learnt so far??

1) Connections (not brains) are important for group work.. you need to know the best person to get good grades.. No point having great ideas if you can't speak up.. that's for my case!! 

2) Reading journal articles actually helps to improve your reading skills!! Business books in the bookshops are reading for babies, that's the comparison!! 

3) Postgraduate classes requires discipline, patience and perseverance.. That's what you need to succeed in your everyday life!!

4) You just can't get what you want!! even after paying for it!! (Applies to all full fee-paying international students) 

5) People who are good at talking doesn't mean that they are smart!! 

Ok!! Thanks for reading my blog!! This is just to start my writing habits again!! 









No comments: