Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Judging a Strange Person...

There's a girl in a church that people are always making fun of. I do have to admit that she is really strange and she got bullied quite badly by the members. She loves to do strange stuff like dancing randomly in front of everyone and too confident with guys which annoys people significantly. I am not here to insult or judge anyone but to let people understand why people can become so strange.


The reason why I am not as judgemental like everyone else because i used to be a very odd boy in the past especially when I was in Indonesia. At that point of time, I was very stressed out becauuse of new environmet and things like that. Not many people like me because i actually have a bad attitude problem when i was studying in Jakarta. I slammed the door loudly for nothing without showing any expression of anger and I clenched my teeth in the middle of a class. I was indeed a strange person with very strange habits and people really hate me for that. Then, i tried to act like a bloody fag which caused the guys not to go near me. I am also not conforming to the culture and wishes of my friends, so i was very isolated at that point of time and kept very quiet all the time.

But the main point is, many people think that I am strange while I think of it as perfectly normal and being myself. It is just a different perception of an attitude. Sometimes, I hate myself for being that way. It takes time for peole to realise that there is smething wrong with the behaviour. For example, it was only until recently that i suddenly stop banging the door in class without realising it. People will stop doing strange things when they are more mature. So, I do believe that the girl from the church could change ne day. So, Its really important for us not to judge them but instead to let them discover their mistakes as the more people make fun of them , the more mistakes they would make due to the negative inputs that they get.

Negative inputs or remarks would not change people, instead it would destroy them even more. So please stop tesing people who are strange. I know how it feels like to be one, it really hurts, its just that you don't realise it.

2 comments:

dacip said...

Yo Fan...

agreed w/ u 100%...

don't worry, I used to be bullied a lot as well...so u're not the only one...

the answer is simple: Start to act normal like other people...treat others as you want others to treat u...that's a golden rule rite?

Well, hopefully she listen to what u says...makes sense...

Unknown said...

its not about acting normal or something like that...

the point is, we have to start treating her like others who act normal...

I agreed with you stef, this is something that shouldn't be done in the church... and they kept on doing it. Hypocrite aren't we :)